All of our post have been critical and thought provoking, and, hopefully, they have changed some people’s perspective and challenge them to question the status quo. But I have some news, this post wont’ be like that. As adults, we get so caught up in adult responsibilities and problems and solutions that we rarely get to live without responsibilities or serious consequences. So this post is for the kid inside us all that’s been repressed by all the bills, graduate thesis, work projects, potential life mates, and any other adult situation.
- I remember cool cups. A delicacy on a hot summer day.
- I remember riding the school bus even though it was only for two years.
- I remember giga pets. The first taste of parenthood. My dog died everyday.
- I remember slap bands that were oh so dangerous!
- I remember recess where the social hierarchy of elementary school was built.
- I remember middle school gym where I was queen of the Lake Olympia Middle School Mustang relays.
- I remember friendship bracelets, and we were extra close if we had friendship rings!
- I remember Babysitter’s Club and Goosebumps. True literature to me!
- I remember Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts, Wild and Crazy Kids, What Would You Do?, and Double Dare because I will forever be a blue barracuda!
10. I remember Showbiz Pizza before it became Chuck E. Cheese when it had that dog instead of the rat.
11. I remember my obsession with B2K. NO COMMENT!
12. I remember Gap messenger bags and Polo purses. You weren’t cool if you didn’t have at least one.
13. I remember Thursday nights with The Cosby Show & A Different Worlds then Martin & Living Single followed by New York Undercover. You just didn’t make plans for Thursday nights because there was no DVR.
14. I remember tape players and recording songs off the radio!
15. I remember backpack purses and stuff animal backpack purses.
16. I remember L.A. Gears with the little fan on the side and the L.A. Gears that lit up when you walked.
17. I remember Starter Jackets before they were sold in Wal-Mart. People were getting shot!
18. I remember when the highlight of my day was getting over 100 rings on Sonic the Hedgehog.
19. I remember Duck Hunt and how I thought hold the gun up to the screen was strategy.
20. I remember playing M.A.S.H. (Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House)
21. I remember windbreaker suits with the tapered elastic bottoms.
22. I remember Astro World… enough said.
23. I remember Cross Colors, Jordache, FUBU, Tommy Hilfiger, Saucony’s, Keds, visors worn upside down, and fanny packs.
24. I remember sex bracelets.
25. I remember playing outside… all day… with everybody.
26. I remember TGIF – Full House, Family Matters, Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper, Step By Step, and Boy Meets World.
27. I remember The Highlight Magazine and The Scholastic Book Catalogues.
28. I remember Teddy Grahams and fruit juice as an after school snack!
29. I remember W.W.J.D. bracelets.
30. I remember dress up, Barbie dolls, and playing pretend. Thanks Barney!
What do you remember?